Have Your Say!!! The National Environment Management Policy (NEMP) Framework Review
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) seeks views, opinions and comments from the general public towards the draft review report of the National Environment Management Policy (NEMP) frame work before a final document is adopted.
With support from the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Country Office, National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) is coordinating the review of the National Environment Management Policy (formulated in 1994), in order to;
- Address the new and emerging environmental issues and challenges that the policy in its current form does not emphasise. These among others include Oil and Gas issues, Electronic Waste, Climate Change, Disaster Risk Management, Bio-Technology and Bio-Safety issues. What strategies should government put in place to address this new and emerging issues?
- Integrate the ongoing post 2015 Sustainable Development Goals Agenda.
- Take into account other National and Regional commitments on the environment and natural resources management which among others include The National Vision, National Development Plan (NDP), East African Community Protocols, policies and Strategies on environment and development.
- The institutional roles: What roles should the key government institutions, civil society and the public play for efficient and effective policy implementation?
- The Private Sector: What are the concerns of the private sector that should be incorporated into the policy? What roles should the private sector and government play to address these concerns?
In view of the stated objectives above, NEMA would wish to consider all suggestions, opinions and comments towards this process from the general public. Have Your Say.
Send your views to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or you could post them to,
Plot 17/19/21, Jinja Road
P.O Box 22255, Kampala
Or call 0414 251064/5/8
Download THE NEMP REVIEW REPORT