NEMA Board of Directors
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section (8) of the 1995 National Environment Act (NEA), Cap 153, defines the establishment and membership of the NEMA Board of Directors. The Board of Directors is appointed by the Minister responsible for Environment, with approval from the Policy Committee on Environment (PCE) and is in place to oversee the management and functions of the Authority.
The Board also has five Statutory Technical Committees handling matters pertaining to: (i) Soil Conservation; (ii) Licensing of Pollution; (iii) Biodiversity Conservation; (iv) Environment Impact Assessment; and, (v) the Adhoc Committee on the Development of Environmental Standards.
The members of the board serve for three years and are eligible for reappointment for a further term. The Executive Director of NEMA is an ex officio member of the board.
Seventh Board of Directors of National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
- Prof. Sandy Stevens Tickodri-Togboa – Board Chairman
- Dr. Nyadoi Priscilla; Vice Chairperson
- Dr. Pascal Musoli; Member
- Ms. Esther Tabu Cherop; Member
- Ms. Julian Komuhangi; Member
- Prof. Elly N. Sabiiti; Member
- Mr. James Lutalo; Member
- Mr. William Ndoleriire; Member
- Mr. Gideon Badagawa; Member
- Ms. Byarugabe B. Beatrice; Member
- Mr. Paul Mafabi; Member